Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hope - The Anchor of my Soul

"In God have I put my trust;
I will not be afraid what man can do unto me." Ps. 56:11

The world we live in does not encourage us to trust God. We have bills to pay and families to raise. We have diseases and sicknesses. Sometimes it rains too much, sometimes too little. Crops fail. Cars crash. We must face death of loved ones and tragedies all around.

In the midst of our personal trials, the country teeters on recession or depression. Our lawmakers disappoint us. We wonder where have the good men gone? Campaigns get ugly and the economy looks dismal. We want to vote and elect the right person. We sometimes even think we know who that may be. That other candidate looks scarey. Wouldn't he take this nation in an ungodly direction? We hear of voter fraud and feel like it is hopeless.

But, all is not hopeless. I will trust in God. He is my hope - the anchor of my soul. Heb. 6:19 In this world, on this earth, all may not be well. God does not promise that this life will be easy and men will be righteous. He promises life eternal to those who know Him and accept the death of His Son for their salvation. The more we keep our eyes on Him, the more peace we can have as life crumbles around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home